You are here:
- Get Help
- Help for you
Help for you
These are the questions posed by Marijuna Anonymous to help you decide for yourself if you have a problem:
- Has smoking Marijuana stopped being fun?
- Do you ever get high alone?
- Is it hard for you to imagine life without marijuana?
- Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use?
- Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your feelings?
- Do you smoke marijuana to cope with your feelings?
- Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?
- Have you ever failed to keep promises you have made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?
- Has your use of marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration or motivation?
- When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
- Do you plan your life around your marijuana use?
- Have your friends or relatives ever complained that your marijuana use is damaging your relationship with them?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above then please get in touch with us, or visit the MA website for more details of local support groups.
How to say no
Only 30 - 40% of kids try drugs, so that means you’re in the majority. Most young people don't want to try drugs but feel pressured by others. ‘No thanks’ is perfectly all right and needs no justification but if you need an excuse to get out of the situation:
Here are some ideas for excuses for not accepting or buying drugs:
- I’m on medication (antibiotics, cough mixture etc), have bronchitis, asthma...
- I’m in a football match tomorrow and don’t want to mess it up
- My parents always have ways of finding out these things and then you'll be in trouble too.
- No, I'm saving all my money to buy a motorbike.
- No, I'm really not into that stuff.
- No thanks, I tried it once, hated it and threw up all over the sofa.
- No thanks, I need all the brains I've got.
- No thanks, I know someone who died from that stuff and I couldn't do it to my parents.
- No thanks. I've heard it takes your sex drive away.
- No thanks, doing illegal stuff just doesn't turn me on.
- My life's difficult enough without having to deal with this added hassle.